First up, sorry for the lack of recent blog action. As the spring is about to set in (tomorrow!), we’ll be back with more often updates to the blog and a refreshed look for the blog in the near future. Enjoy the reading and watching.
Are you in need of some new tunes? Planning on seeing Divergent this weekend? We’ve got a couple great links for you to check out today!
Rend Collective, a Christian Irish folk band, released their new album on their country’s patron’s feast day. To hear a bit about the story behind the album, centered around the themes of joy, giving one’s life to the Lord and simplicity, watch the video below.
While Rend Collective is a not a Catholic band, in particular, so many of the themes in this video and their music resonate with our Catholic faith. Among those found in this video, the following are some that really stuck out.
– There are times in our lives, when through God’s grace, we realize just how important Jesus Christ is in our lives. These times of conversion should bring great joy to our lives, so much so that perhaps we too skip through fields.
– Jesus is always doing a new thing in our lives; this is, after all, a great theme of this Lenten season. He really is the peace in our troubled sea and the healer of the broken hearted.
– Let us thank God for Jesus’ suffering and death on the cross and his knowledge of the joy set before him (which was the opportunity for us to spend eternal life with him).
– This Church we are a part of is a beautiful reality. Christ laid down his life for his bride (the Church)!
– It is time to celebrate. We have been created to know God, love him and rejoice in this life. Practice joy as a spiritual discipline!
– The advice to practice for heaven now is priceless. One of the best ways we as Catholics can do so is through the frequent reception of the Sacraments, especially Confession and receiving Jesus in the Eucharist. Through those means, we receive this great freedom we are promised.
Go ahead and check out this new album. You will not be disappointed.
This weekend, a blockbuster named Divergent is about to hit the theaters in the teen oriented, post apocalyptic genre. Much like the popular Hunger Games movies, there is a female heroine in the story whose name is Tris. Not to give away too many spoilers for the film, at least nothing more than you have seen in the trailer, but Tris gets into a relationship. It’s not perfect; to be honest, neither is Katniss’ relationship. Take a look at this great blog to see what kind of relationship advice they need. (It’s also applicable to folks living in the real world, too!)
Live with joy today, friends!